Friday, May 16, 2014

Trending Now: Pants for Evening

While this is not a new thing by any means, it appears that various celebs are getting on board with pants or suits for evening. The editors at STYLE.com, put together a group of runway photos, as well as those celebrities who seem to favorite the look. I love the idea, and am more likely to choose pants or a jumpsuit for an evening of dancing. If my pants are simple, I will add a statement top (I need to one in photo five, though I'd prefer it in color), to really make it pop.

Gia Coppola's suit is my favorite of that lot. For me personally though, I would prefer a black pump with some embellishment and my hair in am updo. I've always been big on jumpsuits, and love the one that Allison Williams is wearing, with the exception of the length. I'm sure that it could lead to a nasty tumble!



Maki Oh's printed silk top complemented vibrant, patterned flares. 

Shimmering silver bugle beads on Narciso Rodriguez's Fall runway. 

Isa Arfen's edgy satin set. 

Gia Coppola wore a crisp Saint Laurent tuxedo to her Palo Alto premiere at the Tribeca Film Festival. 
Rosie Assoulin's sculptural white blouse paired with navy slacks. 

A slim bedazzled suit from Emilio Pucci's Peter Dundas. 

Amber Valletta sparkled in a sequined Saint Laurent jacket at the Met.

Veronica Beard's head-turning metallic tuxedo. 
Vika Gazinskaya layered a tattoo-motif T-shirt underneath a cropped black jacket.

Barbara Palvin stood out in Alexandre Vauthier at last year's Cannes Film Festival. 

Karolina Kurkova, in white Salvatore Ferragamo, at the label's Fiamma celebration last week. 

Allison Williams donned a navy palazzo jumpsuit at the Dior Cruise show. 

Photos: style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment