Monday, July 13, 2015

New In

I thought I'd share my thoughts on some pieces that I purchased last week.







Floral Peasant Dress, $64.95


I'm sure that you remember my including this dress in my "All The Pretty Peasants" post last week.  I received it a couple of days after that, and it's just as nice as it is in the picture. the colors are so vibrant, which I love! It's fully lined and skims the body nicely, like this style of dress should. I read a review on the nyandcompany.com site, in which a shopper stated, not only that it's to tight in the bust area, but that the material/print, looks like something from the '70s. Now, we all know that not all bodies are created equal. I too am busty, but had no problem with the fit, lining or otherwise. I find it true to size. If it looks like a '70s throwback, all the better in opinion!
Belted Wrap Romper-Abstract Floral, $39


I purchased this little number in-store this weekend, and it's perfection! The material (polyester)
has a soft, silky feel, which makes for comfortable wear. Overall, it's also very flattering! With flat sandals or heels, it's a winner!
Eva Mendes Collection La Bohéme Dress, $89.95


This is such a pretty dress, and I had to HAVE it! Unfortunately, this one didn't work out for me, darn it! While I found that it does run true to size, one me, it gapped in the bust area when I moved. Don't you just hate that! It buttons from the neck down to just above the waist; you step into it. I also had a problem with the fact that the top portion is sheer (really sheer!), and the bottom lined. While this is not a problem for some (it's received great reviews), I wouldn't have wanted to add a camisole or something similar. Oh well. My search for a long-sleeved, floral maxi continues!



No comments:

Post a Comment