Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Inside Her Closet

Celebrity Stylist and Designer, June Ambrose, is one of my favorite "women of style." I look forward to seeing her unique style, captured during New York Fashion Week, and other events around the city. To get a peek inside her closet, is like icing on the cake! Here, she shares with The Coveteur, her love of shoes and more.


Dress, Dries Van Noten; Turban, Prada

My closet is designed by color and hanging items by silhouette. Day and night frocks live separately.


A bag should not only reflect your lifestyle but also have so much character that you dare not throw it away, ever.

Headpiece, Maison Michel; Necklace, Lulu Frost
Shoes, Prada

I love my mink Fendi purse. It was a sample that was not produced and I bought it from the showroom years ago. I wouldn’t ever dare to tell anyone how much I paid for it!!
Bag, Fendi;

My Prada obsession goes back many years. Miuccia has a way of making something old look new. I love the vintage high fashion aesthetic and I tend to use them more in editorial that music videos. They tell a better story in print and on the streets.

Bag, Goyard; Grey Shoes, Prada; Red Shoes, Prada; Magenta Shoes, Miu Miu


These are my running shoes, lol. I’m vertically challenged and my kids are catching up to me in height so when I wear my CL’s they take me seriously.

All, Christian Louboutin

L to R. Shoes, Yves Saint Laurent, Alaïa, Yves Saint Laurent, Christian Louboutin; Cuffs, Hermès
When I saw the Oxford skate shoes I was immediately obsessed. So I promptly bought the knee-high version too. I love the audacity of Dean and Dan. The Skeleton heel boots wear made for me. When they saw me in them they immediately sent a note –great friends to have those two.

Shoes, DSquared, Versace, and Brian Atwood

This bag has a home in my closet for life. Its deco design and rich fabric makes it timeless. Unlike my beaded Fendi baguettes this bag can stand the test of time.

Bag, Fendi; Shoes, Céline; Bracelet, Vita Fede

Fur, Versace; Shoes, Alaïa


I’m a mood dresser: I don’t plan my looks the night before because I’m driven by the spirit of the sunrise. Some days I’m feeling sporty or sassy, some days it’s sexy or maybe even preppy.

Shoes, Rodarte; Jacket, Dolce + Gabbana

I was born in frames. I started collecting vintage ones in junior high school; it was my version of make up for when I was too young to wear it but needed something to upstage my face when I had problem skin. For me, the more eccentric the better. My grandmother used to wear Pucci and Portobello frames that I kidnapped and I recently designed my own collection with Selima Optiques. It was the most organic collaboration ever. 



I did, we call it our little cave. It’s kid friendly, it’s designed for intimate family time, bar dining table and a living den filled with pillows to cuddle and catch up. My better half loves pop art and I love Asian inspired artifacts. We really need more wall space for his art collection, and more book shelves for my fashion books. I live for modern retro future and Dwell Studio does it so well. They have great things for kids rooms and chic accessories at truly reasonable price.

Bag, Louis Vuitton; Leopard Print Shoes, Miu Miu

Shoes, Charlotte Olympia


I’ve been a fan of Brian Atwood for years; his shoes have been fashionably comfortable from the beginning. I’ve enjoyed watching his brand and collection grow.

Shoes, Brian Atwood

I bought my first cuff 13 years ago, and it was actually in Canada! When they refused to ship it to me because it was an exotic skin I flew over to buy it. I love the edgy yet classy feeling of the cuffs and brand. It used to be an understated status symbol, but now that I have so many, it’s far from understated.

Cuffs, Hermès


Photos: thecoveteur.com

No comments:

Post a Comment