Saturday, December 5, 2015

The Plaid Shirt

Actually, I've never really cared too much for a plaid shirt. They're a fall/winter staple for most retail stores, but I'd never bought one. I recently purchased one from New York + Company (see it a further down) that I really like. for me, it's not about the trend, but the versatility of the piece itself. While a casual look with jeans and boots is good, I also like a jazzed up look. Olivia Palermo and Peony Lim's outfits are the best illustrations of the latter.

I especially love the way that Peony's pieces are layered. A great bag, and a hot shoe---that's the ticket! I also Like Mary Kate Olsen's look---the half tucked hem and layered necklaces is instant chic.


Photo: instyle.com

Olivia Palermo

Photo: harpersbazaar.com

Peony Lim

Emma Watson

Gwyneth Platrow
Beyoncé

Jennifer Garner
Reese Witherspoon

(photos: instyle.com)
Photo: people.com


Okay, so the one of Bridget Fonda is an oldie, and does coincide with the post, but I really wanted to focus on Mary-Kate Olsen's look which I love.
Extreme Hi-Lo Tunic Purple, $54.95

I chose this one because I'm all about a thing with a bit of a twist. I also like the fact that the front can be tied up about the waist with the back left long.

Soho Shirt - Metallic Plaid, $54.95

Soho Soft Shirt - Plaid, 54.95

Extreme Hi-Lo Tunic - Green Plaid, $59.95
Soho Soft Shirt - Lurex Plaid, $54.95
Soho Soft Shirt - Plaid, $59.95
(nyandcompany.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment